Monday, August 27, 2012

Weekend wrap-up

Well, today's plan was to link up with Destiny @ Rockin' Mama, but she had a family emergency over the weekend and, because of it, there is no "I love me, Monday." My thoughts are with your family, Destiny!

Instead, I can just update about my weekend.

My days all pretty much run together seeing as I am a SAHM. But when the husband is home, it's typically the weekend. He usually works 6 days a week, and has been working 7 days a week for a while now. Of course, I complain, but he provides for our family and for that I am truly blessed.

Friday, though, he had taken a day off of work. Amazing! He had gotten a gift certificate for a massage from Kev & Chris for his birthday, which was August 12. The old man is 40 now! ha! In any case, his massage was at a Thai place in Dresden. I declared that I was going to get out of the house that day and made plans to go to an English Playgroup in Dresden. The playgroup is typically aimed at kids that can already walk, but seeing as I've only made it ONCE to the English BABY Playgroup, I just said fuck it. And they were perfectly fine with me coming.

About the playgroup: IT WAS CHAOS! And I loved it. hahah. I don't get a chance to speak English outside of my house very often, seeing as we live in Germany and in an area where there aren't many immigrants. But in Dresden they have the International Women's Group and they have playgroups for all the SAHM's and their children. So, first of all, I was happy to speak English with other grownups. And second, I really love watching William interact with other kids. Clearly he isn't around other kids enough, and it makes me really, really sad. So after an eventful two hours of that, I declared I really need to make more of an effort to go to the baby playgroups. (I don't normally go because it's a 30 minute train ride and there are no elevators at the train stations for my stroller. So I must rely on help from strangers, when I'd prefer to do things on my own. Ugh.)

That was Friday. Saturday husband worked. Big surprise. That evening he finished the job that he was working on and there was a little "party" afterwards with the owners of the place. They had champagne and some food there. Husband did the traditional toast that Germans typically do when they finish building something. Unfortunately, my camera was not fast enough and I didn't get a picture of it! Boo.

Sunday we drove Chris and his girlfriend home, which is a two hour drive and a state away. They were visiting while on their vacation from school. Chris starts his "ausbildung" (which is basically like a specialized training for a particular job) in a week or two, and his girlfriend starts school next week. After that we drove to a friends house from my husband. He is building a deck in his backyard and asked my husband to help him out. So we hung out with him, his wife, and their daughter (who is about 20 months old) for the afternoon. Again, more time for William to hang out with children. It was fun! They have a little blowup pool full of balls (which you can buy together in a set, but they bought separate and saved a buttload of money), and William LOVED it. So that's definitely on the list of things to buy for William.

If you're clueless as to what I'm talking about, here's a random Google image that I just found that is similar:


I also think that William has been "talking" more this weekend. And I'm sure being around other children has something to do with it. He has some new sounds he's working on, and it's pretty adorable. ha.

What did you do this weekend?

1 comment: